Next Professionals Network (NPN) is a product of Next Professionals Services Limited (NPSL) & the NGO, Young Professionals Mentoring Initiative of Nigeria (YoPMIN)
NPN was developed with part funding by GIZ of Germany and validated by some key stakeholders in the Nigerian Educational sector, including the Federal Ministry of Education. It is intended to address the current high & increasing rate of graduate unemployment in Nigeria, working poverty amongst graduate, ineffectiveness in career guidance & Counselling, and the huge gap between Industry & Academia resulting in high level of unemployability of graduates from Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria & most Countries in Africa.
NPN seek to enable continuous seamless improvement in the standard of education in Africa at all levels beginning from secondary school (i.e. Grade 7 or its equivalent in different parts of the world) and ensure that the educational system in the countries we operate are responsive to societal trends. It is intended to serve as a one-stop-shop career platform for our students. It would provide information of high quality to both our Students and their Counsellors, and narrow the gap between the Academia and Industry.
We are committed to ensuring that every Student who use our platform discovers their best fit career & maximize their potential for maximum career satisfaction at the shortest time; every School & Industry on the platform receive highest visibility & attract best students to their organization; every School Counsellor on the platform receive support to become more efficient in their work; and Mentors get the perfect platform to give back to the society and retain/increase those professional values they work hard to set.
By so doing we hope to maximize the overall potential of human resources.
To maximize the potential of African’s human resources and nurture the next generation of global professionals.
Assist students discover their passion and properly position them for opportunities globally.
How It Works:
- Registration: registration is only possible if you belong to any of the 6 categories:
- Student: you must be at least in secondary School and above (plus post-graduate).
- Counsellor: you must be a professional Counsellors in either secondary or tertiary institutions of learning
- Mentor: these are remarkable professionals in any field that is willing to share his/wealth wealth of knowledge and experience in responding to career related questions from future/aspiring professionals in similar field
- Secondary Schools: these are duly registered secondary schools. Such Secondary school can own an account on our platform. All interested secondary schools must be signed-in by the Proprietor/Proprietress of the school or any person the Proprietor/Proprietress appoint to act on behalf the school.
- Tertiary Schools: these are duly registered Tertiary schools. Such Tertiary school can own an account on our platform. Anyone signing-in/registering the school on our platform, must do that with the approval of the VC or Administrative head of such University/Polytechnic/College of Education/ Others
- Industry Partners: these are duly registered Companies in the country they operate. Such company can own an account on our platform. Anyone signing-in/registering the Company on our platform, must do that with the approval of the Managing Director/HR Manager of the Company
- Verify your account and you are in: after registration every user undergoes very easy verification process. The purpose of the verification is to prevent people with negative intentions from having access to the platform
- Take Survey (for Students & Mentors): Thereafter, Students & Mentors are required to answer only 6 & 4 questions respectively, which would help us determine the Professions which we would be recommending to them & assign Mentors to mentees. After this, the Student would then have the opportunity of asking any question related to career to Mentors, share career accomplishment to get reward and browse our platform for relevant career opportunity
- Continue using the platform & some benefits you get include:
- As Student (Secondary/Undergraduate/Post-graduate): learn from other Students, get recognized by Industries while in School, don’t miss any opportunity for internship/job/scholarship, follow the progress of other Students, see what your mates in other parts of the country/world are doing career wise, and get rewarded for career accomplishment
- As Counsellor: counsel your students 24/7, follow their progress even after leaving your school, get support in planning and executing your career day, interact with other Counsellors from different parts of the globe and get rewarded for career accomplishment
- As Mentor: join us in making the world a better place by raising better professionals, who would preserve our society, cater for us at old age, and preserve our legacies. Your contributions wouldn’t go unrewarded as well.
- Industries: follow the career progress of promising students seamlessly, attract & recruit the best students to your company without difficulties, and share the accomplishment of your Company with students who are following your Company
- Secondary Schools: attract/retain students from different parts of the world to your school, see what other schools in different parts of the world are doing, share your accomplishment as a School, follow the progress of your students after they leave your school, counsel/interact/engage your students even while they are on holidays, get support for planning of excursions & career day, and network with Tertiary Institutions easily
- Tertiary Schools: attract/retain students from different parts of the world to your school, see what other schools in different parts of the world are doing, share your accomplishment as a School, follow the progress of your students after they leave your school, easily connect your students to Industries and coordinate your SIWES programme, get support for planning of excursions & career day.